Friday, March 25, 2016

Infrastructure: A List of Smaller Blessings


The big blessings are easy to name.

Today I was thinking about the ones a step down, built into the infrastructure of my small-town life.

A safe and pleasant trail to run on.
A reliable grocery store that carries quality produce, meat, and dairy.
A decent library.
Good music teachers for my children.
Office supply, art supply, and sewing supply stores.
An active 4H Club system.
Really good-tasting municipal water.
Beautiful hikes a short drive away.
A lively three-season farmer's market.
Strawberry, blueberry, blackberry, peach, and apple farms.
Great hamburgers.
Excellent thrift stores--no need to ever pay full price for anything.



8 comments:

Choate Family said...

Lovely list :-)

Unknown said...

Yes, blessingso indeed! Christina

Lucille said...

Your thrift stores are an enviable asset too from what I remember of your purchases in them over the years.

Lisa said...

And a pretty daffodil fence.

Lisateresa

Rose said...

I like your list Anna, I share many of those small blessings too. Did you overlook one item for your list though? A really good thrift store.

Anna said...

Rose and Lucille, you are absolutely right. The thrift store is going on the list!

Garnet said...

What a lovely idea! I've enjoyed some time this weekend reacquainting myself with your blog and being inspired by what caring for home and family can involve. I live a life that is quite different from that in which I grew up or even started my own family. I live in Kenya and there are definitely things that are different and things that I miss from the U.S. However, I think I'm going to make myself a similar list to remind myself of all the unique advantages I have of living where I do.

Farrah said...

The smallest blessings are easily taken for granted.

Related Posts with Thumbnails