Thursday, May 15, 2014

A Draped Knit Top: Simplicity 1716




Sewed my first-ever sweater-knit project--a very fine gauge knit of unknown material. Viscose perhaps? Hancock's had a bin with unmarked remnants in it, and I only spent $4 for it. It's a gorgeous soft gray-green, one of my favorites.



I used Simplicity 1716, choosing the draped neck, the 3/4 sleeves, and the plain front.



I would not say that sweater-knit is the most fun ever to work with. No I would not. But the shirt went together nicely, and drapes nicely.


If they thought I was going to try topstitching the back of the neck on the machine, they thought wrong.  I chose a toning embroidery floss from the stash and just used a running stitch to hold that back binding down. And give things a touch of class.

2 comments:

Julian said...

Absolutely love it! Love the color and the drape of it! Classic and elegant! Great job Anna! Christina

Lisa said...

Very nice! And Lucille looks pretty good with a necklace on. :D

Lisateresa

Related Posts with Thumbnails