Thursday, November 03, 2011

A Sewing Lull


Having just finished a black watch plaid wool dress for Clara I am ready for a little lull. After a large, complicated project it's nice to faff around doing a little of this and a little of that in the sewing room. Mending, trimming thrift store dresses into blouses, replacing buttons. Nothing too big.


Meanwhile Clara enjoys her new vintage Advance dress (above pattern, with sleeves added). It's the same pattern I used here, and I found a perfect vintage buckle for it in the stash--it's actually greenish black, just like the fabric it's sitting on.

Pictures soon!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, how I love black watch plaid!

Lisateresa

Anonymous said...

Those crazy patterns always make it look like their waists are 6" in diameter.

Ruth said...

Thank you for sharing what pattern you used,Anna!I will be sewing myself another dress in the near future,Lordwilling:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails