Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Wrap Skirt for Clara: McCall's 5430


This is really a fun skirt to sew. The sizing has been just right for my two girls also, without that bothersome gapping at the waist that plagues so many designs that sport waistbands.

Unlike my attempt with Bella's skirt, this time I managed to place the waist ties in the right place, so it ties at the hip the way it's supposed to. I used a chocolate denim with a little bit of stretch for the main skirt, and lined it with some leftover polka dot fabric.

13 comments:

Serena said...

That is very cute, and is something I'd love to have in my wardrobe. It will be great for so many things!

Regan Family Farm said...

Love the polka-dots!

Tracy said...

chocolate brown stretch denim? Yum. Love the polka dots that coordinate.

Lisateresa said...

I really like it.

Elisabeth Black said...

Yay for wrap skirts!

Stephanie said...

this is so pretty! my mom and i are going to sew some sundresses next week. i am looking forward to it! your sewing has inspired me!

Martha A. said...

Is this a modern day pattern? It looks great! Even my son said so!

Jenny said...

Cute skirt! Thanks for putting in the pattern number!! I might have to go pick up this pattern!

Sarah said...

Ooh! I want one of those! That is so cute! Your blog has inspired my cooking and is slowly inspiring my getting back to sewing. That skirt might be the thing to do it. Thanks!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Adorable! Love the fabric.

Unknown said...

Lovely! :)

Leah H. said...

this is mccall's 5430. :) I figured it out by looking at the post for Bella's skirt. Very cute!

Anna said...

Sharp eyes! Thanks for the catch--I've fixed it now for posterity :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails