Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Bunting for Christmas

I tossed my kitchen curtains during the big Kitchen Repaint this summer and *still* haven't made new. I love the increased light without them, but on the other hand would like to soften the window line a little. I decided today to use the empty space for a Christmas bunting.


I used twill tape from my stash, and cut out triangles from a vintage Christmas tablecloth, a new-but-looks-vintage Christmas tablecloth, and some red stripes (all from stash. Can I say how much I love sewing from my bottomless stash?). I just zigzagged the top of each to my twill tape--so easy!


The ends of the tape are safety-pinned into a loop with is caught over a nail hidden on the top of the neighboring kitchen cabinets.

And the Composer wants to know if you'd like to buy a used car!

18 comments:

Caroline said...

That is such a cute idea! Lovely fabrics too. :)

Anonymous said...

Very festive - and yeah, I think you'd have a lot of buyers for that car. :)

Lora @ my blessed life said...

It's adorable, Anna! Great job!

Goosey said...

Those are lovely, did you hem round the edges or just cut them? I suppose there is no need to as it shouldn't get any wear just hanging. I think they are lovely, well done

Anonymous said...

I love it. I've been wanting to make a birthday garland. But now I feel a Christmas one is needed too. And I love your kitchen windows.

gina said...

beautiful! fantastic idea. i have more christmas material than i know what to do with...i have a birthday one, but never thought of a christmas one!

AnnaVallance said...

I love bare windows but your Christmas bunting is such a great idea-even I could live with that.Thank you.

Tammy said...

I love it! It's beautiful!

Tracey said...

I love the bunting so much.. The idea of not blocking the light and shedding some holiday influence is wonderful. Great Ideas..don't you love making something out of things you already have.. love it!!

Anonymous said...

My office definitely needs a christmas bunting.. and that's something that even I could do!

Unknown said...

A bunting is my to do list. I better get started or it will need to be for Valentine's Day.

Wenonah4th said...

Absolutely lovely!!!

Angela said...

Oh dear - and I had just declared that the sewing machine was to be put away for 2 weeks so we could have the dining table back for Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

I think I will do the same thing! Thanks for the idea. ;-)

Linda said...

I'm sorry we aren't in the market for a car just now - however, I love your Christmas swag. A very clever, Christmasy idea.

Totallyscrappy said...

What a delightful idea!

Polly said...

great idea--I am going to start collecting festive thrifted cloth just for this purpose...for next year!

I'd like nothing more than to get a new(er) car. My husband's 17 year old volvo w/ 351,000 miles worries me, but he won't bury The Warrior until the car has driven its last mile. If the Composer can wait until then, perhaps we could make a deal.;)

Unknown said...

I also like your creation. It's nice to have lots light in the home.

Related Posts with Thumbnails