Monday, December 31, 2007

Wrapping Up the Year

Someday the time will come again when the Composer and I go out for New Year's Eve, but it's hard to imagine at this point! The big kids are all away at a youth group function, but Bella has a small crew of girls here spending the night. Daisy just raced through shouting, "I'm going to play with the big girls! If they will let me!"

I can tell you that there will be some playing of games and some fancy dressing up, and some snacking. And in honor of "wrapping up" the old year, we have themed our food for the evening.


Roast beef, mangoes, red pepper, and spinach lightly dressed in a mustard vinaigrette and served as a wrap sandwich. Ha ha!


And in a minute or two, I'll finish making the crepes stuffed with cream cheese filling and served with raspberry sauce and sour cream. One of the benefits of staying in, for sure.

Happy New Year, everyone!

7 comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

Sounds like a good meal. We arent doing anything either. Guess we're feeling a little old in the bones these days. :)

Kelly said...

Sounds like a wonderful time for everyone! The wraps look so yummy!! What a great idea.
Have a blessed 2008!

Julian said...

sounds great! I know how the romanitic part of New Years goes, I have 6. Hopefully one day it will happen again>:) Your new wraps look lovely.I love the red one. Happy New YEar!
Christina Gomez

Jen said...

I love raspberry anything......Happy new Year.

randi said...

Your menu is perfect!

Happy New Year!

Sarah said...

Happy new year to you! Your blog has been such a treat to visit this year; thank you for your gentle encouragement in the home arts; I have taken many of your inspirations and used them in my own home! I hope your new year is a blessed one.

Lisa said...

Your menus always sound delicious.
Are any of your children picky eaters? Food, social meals, and pickiness all figure into my New Year thoughts.
L

Related Posts with Thumbnails