Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Kitchen Projects

Tuesdays are kitchen days around here, and usually that means that we do the week's baking, and a speedy deep-cleaning of the kitchen. This week I decided to forego almost all of the cleaning and instead do more of a deep-cooking, getting to all of the cooking projects I had in the back of my mind but hadn't gotten around to.

First, I put Clara to work with the Granny Smith apples and a package of puff pastry.


Apple tart, dairy-free.


I scoured the freezer for all the bags labelled "Use for Stock", and made a huge pot of chicken stock, and a smaller pot of ham stock.

A large bowl of hummous for snacks. Pita chips for dipping.

A double batch of chocolate cornstarch pudding. Poured into pretty china coffee cups, it will keep for a few days in the fridge until we finish the apple tart.

A double batch of yogurt, long overdue. I haven't had any around in a week, and I miss it.

And bread, as usual. *Now* I need to deep-clean!

3 comments:

rhonda jean said...

It sounds like a very good day's work. : )

Anonymous said...

Tuesday is my kitchen day, too, but it's more for preparing meats. My favorite grocer reduces price on weekend specialty meats that day, which I prepare for the week or freezer storage. Yesterday I scored lamb (for Prevention mag's Indian recipes this month) and sirloin tips for late summer kabobs.

love your photos,

deb meyers

Christina.B said...

all so yummy, but how do you make cornstarch pudding??

Related Posts with Thumbnails