Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Thrifted Cake Box

A beauty at the thrift store--this vintage coppery cake box (three dollars and fifty cents!). When I first got it home I couldn't figure it out; turns out the box was upside down. You don't put cake in it, you put it over the cake!


The top comes off, and underneath there is space for transporting your serving utensils. I love this!


Sure enough, it holds a pound cake very well.


Fortuitously, it exactly matches the white and orange pumpkins we picked from the garden.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the top part is for the pie my Grandma had one , Very pretty

Anna said...

It would have to be a pretty flat pie! None of today's deep-dish nonsense . . .

Family W said...

I love finding things like this at thrift stores. Very cool!

Anonymous said...

Deep-dish nonsense! Surely you jest!! And pumpkins already-bring on Fall! Elise

Anonymous said...

What an absolute sweet little device! We are hard pressed to find sunch goodies around here....

Anonymous said...

I read this blog entry yesterday ... and today, at the thrift store, I found: a cake box.

Only mine is avocado green.

-- Jora

Related Posts with Thumbnails