Friday, February 23, 2007

A Laundry Bag for Delicates

Tired of kicking aside the small pile of dirty clothes too delicate to be run in a regular load of laundry, I stitched together this bag to keep them out of sight but within reach in the laundry room. It's made just like a clothespin bag--I traced the angle of the plastic hanger I was going to use, stitched together the front and back, cut an opening across the front and finished it with bias tape, and left a little gap in the seam allowance at the top for the hanger to poke out (I machine-finished the raw edges there).



I love this fabric--it was a garage sale find ten years ago, a giant curtain and a matching long pillow which I use on the laundry room couch.

8 comments:

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

Anna, perhaps more than anything I love about your blog...you make all things beautiful.

Even laundry.

I, too, love that fabric.

Elaine said...

I love your idea! I too, hate kicking around the delicates, lol.

It's a Mom Thing said...

You have a couch in your laundry room? Cool! I would nap as the washer & dryer lulled me to sleep. And I bet it gets nice and cozy-warm in there, too.

Elizabeth said...

How clever!

Beautiful fabric.

Anonymous said...

Great idea, Anna. I've alway wanted to make a clothes pin holder like my mom's. I may have to make a lovely "delicate" bag to go with it.

Living in an old schoolhouse I'm sure some of your rooms are rather large - but a couch in the laundry room is a cozy sounding idea!

Blessings,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Great idea, and great use of that fabric (especially since it matches the pillow on the nearby couch). Wow! A couch in the laundry room! What a luxurious thought!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful idea! Love the fabric. I enjoy my handmade clothespin bag everyday. You seem to enjoy using bias tape. It gives everyting such a completed look. You inspire me to use more b.t. I pick up notions at yard sales whenever I can. Lots of fun colors in the older items.

Could you get Giles to photograph your laundry room & share it with us? Very Cath Kidston, I bet.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I need one of those too! Beautiful and Practical!

P.S. I was at a gardening conference yesterday and thought of you. I remembered an old post where you spoke of the damage that deer were doing to your gardens. The Master Gardener who taught one of the classes HIGHLY recommended this product: http://www.wirelessdeerfence.com/wdf/index.html
He says that it really works! I thought you might be interested.

Related Posts with Thumbnails