Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Raspberries


Giles and Felix went out in the woods this morning and brought back these jewels--I've already made one beautiful batch of jam, and more is coming down the pike tomorrow.

*Rules for Jam-Making*

•Wear a full-length apron because the jam will jump out of the pot at you.
•Keep a damp washcloth and wipe up spills immediately before they dry to the consistency and stickiness of used Jolly Ranchers.
•Ignore the instructions in the pectin box when it comes to cooking your jam. One minute is not enough! Your jam is ready when it begins to pour off the spoon in a sheet, rather than a single drip.
•Be sure and display the jars of finished jam on the counter for at least a day, for purposes of admiration.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Those look so delicious. You're a master at taking beautiful photos.

Anonymous said...

I could not agree with you more - Whenever I can or put anything "up" I leave them on the counter for my family to admire as they walk through the kitchen!

Mrs. J~

Kelli said...

Hmmmm...I agree about your photos being amazing!
Also about leaving our things out on the counter to be admired. I'll bet your finished jam is so pretty.
Kelli

Anonymous said...

Yes, I think the last rule is possibly the most important. However, the apron, too, is vital...

thusia said...

Hi! Just wanted to let you know that the official name for those scrumptious berries you picked is: dewberry. My family loves to pick them and make bread, jam, and desserts with them. Summertime would not be the same without them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails